What is Commercial Construction?
Commercial Construction is usually referred to as the construction of larger and commercial based buildings which can be further divided into small, medium and large scale projects. Commercial projects can be any project from small offices to high-rise buildings or dams. Small scale commercial construction is seen as projects that update the interior design while medium scale projects include remodeling or expanding a building. Large scale commercial projects include high rise buildings, dams and large warehouses.
Who are commercial building cost estimators?
Commercial building cost estimators have the experience and expertise to provide cost estimation for all types of small, medium and large scale commercial projects. Their experience makes them better at commercial building cost estimation than the usual estimator. Commercial cost estimators view the commercial estimation with eagle eye covering each and every aspect of commercial construction and perform quantity takeoffs and cost estimation accordingly. At Bidding Professionals, our commercial cost estimators have more than 10 years of experience working on high rise buildings and warehouses performing highly accurate quantity takeoffs and cost estimation making them unique in the preconstruction services industry.
How To Estimate Commercial Building Construction Costs?
In addition to Commercial Building Quantity takeoffs, we also provide accurate cost estimation services for commercial projects to our clients. The process is simple. The client sends us the project plans and we provide free consultation as well as a quote to do the project according to the given scope. Once we have an agreement, we charge 50% of the fee initially and start the project.
The first step in the process of estimating is to go through the project plans thoroughly and check if the concerned estimate is a budget estimate or a design estimate. In the second step, the estimator marks the plans on Bluebeam Revu which is a software used to calculate the quantity takeoffs. The third step is the cost estimation in which we calculate the cost of each corresponding line item using RSMeans. RSMeans is an online platform by which we can get the changing market prices of construction materials. Estimators get the prices of labor and materials along with the productivity of the labor from RSMeans.
The detailed estimate is performed with everything broken down to show each minor detail to the client. The site estimate is performed in the first step covering each and every small details.
What is an average commercial building cost per square foot?
Cost per square foot depends on a few factors:
- Location of the project
- Complexity of the project
- Size of the project
- Current labor rates
According to the mentioned factors, average commercial building cost /sf can vary. While performing cost estimation on a complete project covering all the trades, average cost /SF for a commercial project would be $30-$40. Changing trends and a global pandemic have their effects on commercial cost building costs.
How We Can Help?
- Drywall Takeoff: Drywall Takeoffs include different wall components, Gypsum board and Metal studs.
- Concrete Takeoff: Concrete Takeoffs include foundation walls, footings and slab on grade.
- Masonry Takeoff: Masonry Takeoffs include CMU walls, Elevator shaft walls.
- Roofing Takeoff: Roofing Takeoffs include Main and Bulkhead roof, flashing and coping.
- Flooring Takeoff: Flooring Takeoffs include LVT, VCT and carpet.
- Wood and Plastic Takeoff: Wood and Plastic Takeoffs include floor framing and floor sheathing.
- Painting Takeoff: Painting Takeoffs include wall paint, ceiling paint and door paint.
- Furnishing Takeoff: Furnishing Takeoffs include Cabinets, closets and countertops.
- Exterior Takeoff: Exterior Takeoffs include Metal panel siding, Cement board siding and Stucco finish.
- Framing Takeoff: Framing Takeoffs include Doors, Windows and Trim.
- Openings Takeoff: Openings Takeoffs include Louvers, doors and windows.
- Metal Takeoff: Metal Takeoffs include Structural Steel, Metal deck and stairs.
Scope of Work
Commercial Building Cost Estimator
- Construction Companies
- General Contractors
- Material Suppliers
I’ll share some samples
Partner With Us for commercial building cost estimation
Bidding accuracy and work productivity can be achieved with precise, organized and timely commercial building quantity takeoffs and cost estimation, eventually increasing profit margin. Bidding Professionals helps the clients to submit more bids on time. Our bid format allows the client to add, remove or alter any line items with changing demands.
Why you should work with us:
There are some facts which make us unique and better than our competitors:
1. We are well experienced in all types of commercial, residential and industrial building material takeoffs and cost estimation.
- We provide a complete package to our clients covering all the divisions.
- We are premium members of RSMeans, ConstructConnect and American Society of Professional Estimators(ASPE).
- We are flexible working both offscreen and onscreen construction takeoffs using Bluebeam Revu.
- We offer free consultation as well as a free quote to our valuable customers.
- We meet short deadlines to allow customers to submit more bids on time.
- Our bid format is user friendly and allows the customer to alter any line items easily.
- We offer discounts to our regular clients and do one revision for free(T&C apply).
- Working with us on project basis helps the customer to save office and salary expenses of in-house estimators.
- Our prices are competitive and our regular discounts make us more cost efficient.
Commercial Estimator Service Area:
In USA – New York, New Jersey, California, Utah, Illinois, Nebraska, Massachusetts, Washington D.C, Texas
International – England, Australia, New Zealand
Softwares We Use:
At Bidding Professionals LLC, different softwares are used for different purposes:
Bluebeam Revu and Planswift are used for reading and marking the project plans.
RSMeans is used for cost analysis according to different states.
MS Excel is used to put the quantities and cost in and prepare the final file for the client.