What is Commercial building cost estimator?
Commercial building cost estimator is usually referred to as the construction of larger and commercial-based buildings which can be further divided into small, medium, and large-scale projects. Commercial estimator projects can be any project from small offices to high-rise buildings or dams. Small-scale Commercial building estimator is seen as projects that update the interior design while medium-scale projects include remodeling or expanding a building. Large-scale commercial projects include high-rise buildings, dams, and large warehouses.
Who are commercial building cost estimator?
Commercial building cost estimator has the experience and expertise to provide cost estimation for all types of small, medium and large scale commercial projects. Their experience makes them better at commercial building cost estimation than the usual estimator. Commercial estimators view the commercial estimation with eagle eye covering each and every aspect of commercial construction and perform quantity takeoffs and cost estimation accordingly. At Bidding Professionals, our commercial estimators have more than 10 years of experience working on high rise buildings and warehouses performing highly accurate quantity takeoffs and cost estimation making them unique in the preconstruction services industry.
Estimating commercial construction costs
In addition to commercial building quantity takeoffs, we also provide accurate building estimator services for commercial projects to our clients. The process is simple. The client sends us the project plans and we provide free consultation as well as a quote to do the project according to the given scope. Once we have an agreement, we charge 50% of the fee initially and start the project.
The first part of the estimating process is to properly review the project plan and determine whether the estimate in question is a budget estimate or a design estimate. The commercial building cost estimators next marks the blueprints on Bluebeam Revu, a software that is used to determine the quantity takeoffs. The third phase is cost estimating, where we use RSMeans, an online portal that provides us with the latest market prices for construction materials to determine the cost of each item in question. RSMeans is used by the commercial estimators to obtain prices for labor and materials, as well as labor productivity.
Once a thorough cost estimate is completed, everything is broken down to show the client every minor detail. The first stage is to do a site estimate that includes all the minor elements. In the commercial building cost estimation, we calculate estimates for the foundation/concrete and drywall. Then, one by one, the entire structure is pulled down. The final document contains the entire material takeoff as well as material and labor prices and is provided to the client in a well-organized and self-designed style.
What is an average commercial building cost estimates per square foot?
Commercial building estimate per square foot depends on a few factors:
- Location of the project
- The complexity of the project
- Size of the project
- Current labor rates
According to the mentioned factors, the average commercial building cost /SF can vary. While performing cost estimation on a complete project covering all the trades, the average cost /SF for a commercial project would be $30-$40. Changing trends and a global pandemic have their effects on commercial building estimates.
How We Can Help?
- Drywall Takeoff: Drywall Takeoffs include different wall components, Gypsum board, and Metal studs.
- Concrete Takeoff: Concrete Takeoffs include foundation walls, footings, and slab on grade.
- Masonry Takeoff: Masonry Takeoffs include CMU walls, Elevator shaft walls.
- Roofing Takeoff: Roofing Takeoffs include the Main and Bulkhead roof, flashing, and coping.
- Flooring Takeoff: Flooring Takeoffs include LVT, VCT, and carpet.
- Wood and Plastic Takeoff: Wood and Plastic Takeoffs include floor framing and floor sheathing.
- Painting Takeoff: Painting Takeoffs include wall paint, ceiling paint, and door paint.
- Furnishing Takeoff: Furnishing Takeoffs include Cabinets, closets, and countertops.
- Exterior Takeoff: Exterior Takeoffs include Metal panel siding, Cement board siding, and Stucco finish.
- Framing Takeoff: Framing Takeoffs include Doors, Windows, and Trim.
- Openings Takeoff: Openings Takeoffs include Louvers, doors, and windows.
- Metal Takeoff: Metal Takeoffs include Structural Steel, Metal deck, and stairs.
Scope of Work
Partner with us for commercial building cost estimation
Bidding accuracy and work productivity can be achieved with precise, organized, and timely commercial building quantity takeoffs and commercial building cost estimation, eventually increasing profit margin. Bidding Professionals helps the clients to submit more bids on time. Our bid format allows the client to add, remove or alter any line items with changing demands.
Why you should work with us:
There are some facts which make us unique and better than our competitors:
1. We are well experienced in all types of commercial, residential and industrial building material takeoffs and cost estimation.
- We provide a complete package to our clients covering all the divisions.
- We are premium members of RSMeans, ConstructConnect, and the American Society of Professional Estimators(ASPE).
- We are flexible working both offscreen and onscreen construction takeoffs using Bluebeam Revu.
- We offer free consultation as well as a free quote to our valuable customers.
- We meet short deadlines to allow customers to submit more bids on time.
- Our bid format is user-friendly and allows the customer to alter any line items easily.
- We offer discounts to our regular clients and do one revision for free(T&C apply).
- Working with us on a project basis helps the customer to save the office and salary expenses of in-house estimators.
- Our prices are competitive and our regular discounts make us more cost-efficient.
The Software We Use For Commercial Building Cost Estimating
At Bidding Professionals LLC, different software is used for different purposes:
Bluebeam Revu and Planswift are used for reading and marking the project plans.
RSMeans is used for cost analysis according to different states.
MS Excel is used to put the quantities and cost in and prepare the final file for the client.
Have a look on our other services
Our Service Areas
- United States
- New York, New Jersey, California, Utah, Illinois, Nebraska, Massachusetts, Washington D.C, Texas
- New Zealand
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does Commercial Building Cost Estimating typically take?
Commercial building cost estimating completely depends on the size and complexity of the project but we can meet short deadlines by engaging more commercial estimators to a single project. It will increase the cost but the project will be done precisely and on time.
Are you responsible for your commercial cost estimates, what guarantees do I get?
We guarantee that our commercial building estimates are more than 95% accurate because we have been working for more than 7 years now and most of our clients are the regular customers satisfied with the quality of work and accuracy of the estimate.
How do I get the project documents to you for a commercial building cost estimate?
You can send the project documents to us on our email address. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
How long will the turnaround time be for a commercial building estimate?
Turnaround time completely depends on the size and complexity of the project but we can meet short deadlines by engaging more commercial building estimators to a single project. It will increase the cost but the project will be done precisely and on time.
What are the duties of a commercial building cost estimator?
Firstly, A commercial building cost estimator does the detailed takeoff including each and every minor and major line items according to the scope of the job. Secondly, It is the duty of the commercial building cost estimator to do a clean and accurate marking on the project drawings. Thirdly, he also does the complete cost estimation.
How much do you charge for commercial building cost estimation?
Our charges depend on the size and complexity of the project plans. Roughly speaking, we charge $20-30 an hour. Most of the time, we are giving discounts to our new as well as the regular customers.
Does labor cost more than materials in commercial building estimate?
Material and labor rates vary depending on the state of the project. In a few states, material rates are higher than labor rates while in others labor rates are higher.
How do you calculate labor cost in commercial building cost estimation?
Labor cost depends on a few factors:
1) Location of the project
2) Labor Productivity
3) Size of the project
4) Type of labor to be utilized
5) Machines and equipments used